PV installers covering 95% of the United Kingdom.
MCS solar panel installers in the UK
"Our nationwide network of trustworthy MCS solar installers have come together to offer industry-leading technologies at reasonable prices for your peace of mind."
MCS solar installers.
Guide to a quality solar installation
Here are a few tips to help you avoid the installers from hell, and help you choose a reputable company for a quality solar panel installation.
1. Please ensure that your installers are certified for the MCS scheme. You cannot claim feed-in tariffs if they are not.
2. Please check your company belongs to the Renewable Energy Association (REA). The REA has codes of conduct relating to your installation and quality of products including the conduct of sales people.
3. Please ensure that the company surveys your home thoroughly before giving you a quote. Avoid property surveys over the phone.
4. Please don't allow any sales person to overstay for longer than you are comfortable. The REA guidelines are a maximum of two hours.
5. Please, if you don't sign anything there and then. As a consumer you always have a seven-day cancellation period if for any reason you are unhappy.
This guide should help you avoid any unpleasant experiences and help you make a well-informed decision, to install this cost-effective and worthwhile technology on your home.
Ask your MCS solar panel installers for details.
What does MCS mean?
MCS or 'Micro Certification Scheme' accreditation is the benchmark for competent solar installers.
You will require a full on-site inspection of your home for a quotation, simply because solar panels are not a one size fits all technology.
We all want the highest quality installation, so we need to ensure that unsatisfactory or poor performing companies cannot thrive and give us all a bad name! That is why the Micro Generation Certification scheme was introduced in 2009.
Installation quotes & pre-checks
Solar panels come in a variety of different types, sizes, configurations and styles, so ensuring your property is suitable. We discuss your options so your household or business will set the maximum benefit from solar technology. Quotes available for all solar installation types.
The MCS accreditation is, simply put, to evaluate micro generation products and panel installers against strict guidelines and criteria whilst providing greater protection for consumers looking to invest in such technologies.
To become an MCS certificated installer or to have products certificated under the MCS scheme you must contact MCS directly.
To get accredited, MCS solar panels installers requires complete compliance with the relevant MCS standard MIS3002. The most significant of these is the guides to the installation of PV panel systems - A United Kingdom installation document that aims to:
In addition, MCS is about ensuring quality control, as defined within the MCS standard MCS001 and perhaps best summed up as:
1. Say what you do (disclose written procedures for scrutiny).
2. Do what you say (follow your procedures as standard best practice).
3. Prove it (Inspections and assessments of approved MCS certification personnel).
All our MCS solar installers are RECC scheme (Renewable Energy Consumer Code) members.
"Feel the pride."
Founder of Heat My Home.